June 5, 2015- Circle 5 Studios and Pub Games are pleased to announce the “Survival Update,” which we hope offers dinosaur-fans a few more reasons to rejoice this summer. The Update should be live sometime between tonight and tomorrow.
New Co-Op Gameplay- The Primal Carnage brand has thus far been a strictly PvP experience but “Survival” offers players a Co-op experience where the humans players must square off against endless waves of ever more challenging AI dinosaurs on the all new “Visitor Center” map. Players face off against a variety of dinosaurs including encounters with vicious cloaked raptors, fearsome pack alphas, and the towering Acrocanthosaurus. Players are rewarded for their kills with currency they can use to buy powerups, weapon upgrades, and supplies before facing the next wave of prehistoric peril. Survival can be played in single-player or with up to 5 players in online co-op.
New Playable Dinosaur- The long-awaited Acrocanthosaurus is the newest addition to the Tyrant class of Dinosaurs. Though smaller and more thin-skinned than its Spino and Rex counterparts, the Acro’s speed, health-regenerating roar, and knockback-dealing stomp make it equally ferocious.
New Weapons For the Human Team
- Tranq Rifle: Trade your scoped bolt-action rifle powerful mid-range tranq rifle with a devastating capacity for incapacitation.
- Sensor Mine: New throwable weapon for the Scientist that marks nearby dinosaurs for your team.
- Frag Grenades: The commando finally a military-grade fragmentation grenade option.
- Hatchet: New throwable option for Pathfinder. Flares not doing it for you? Stick a Raptor in the face with this shiny new hatchet. (Raptor not included)
New Skins and Cosmetics Available – The Survival Update offers players more items to collect and customize their characters with. Three new item crates have been added to the game along with more than 50 other weapon skins, character skins, and other accessories are now dropping for players. The store now also offers name tags and description tags to players who want to make their loot even more epic.
A Glimpse of What’s to Come:
- New Game Modes: We’re currently developing more objective-oriented gamemodes as well as an asymmetric gamemode which pits one powerful dinosaur against a team of human players.
- User-Generated Content: We’re exploring releasing a map editor and integrating Steam Workshop to allow users to create playable content.
- New Dinosaurs, Weapons, Maps, Items, and everything else.
Lastly, about “Other Platforms”….
We wanted to let our console fans know that development has been going very well and we’re looking good for a release before the end of the year. We know we’ve been somewhat quiet about the port, but we’re working hard to bring a great experience to console players and we promise there will be specific announcements soon.
Primal Carnage: Extinction is a class-based online multiplayer dinosaur vs. human shooter unlike any other, featuring fast-paced combat, diverse environments, and over-the-top action. The game currently features Team vs Team game modes (TDM, Get to the Chopper) as well as the new Survival mode for Co-op and Singleplayer fun.
For more information about Primal Carnage: Extinction, please visit www.primalcarnage.com
Circle 5 Studios is a newly founded independent game design studios committed to showing the games industry what a large group of indie developers can accomplish together. The company has a small HQ in Las Vegas but most of its growing team work remotely from all across the globe. Circle 5 Studios is a mission-oriented company that supports a variety of game development education programs, charitable organizations and other positive initiatives in the games industry.
Pub Games was founded in 2011 by a group of university students out of Melbourne, Australia with the goal of brewing up high quality, entertaining experiences that are accessible, fun and community minded. Building up both experience and reputation, Pub Games worked on a number of contracted projects including Blastpoints, Primal Carnage & InFlux as well as other titles.