Rift

Played a new game? want us to know about it? have it at our next lan?
or was it a waste of drive space? Let us know here.
[WLG]Omen

Rift

Post by [WLG]Omen »

Ok so Rift is yet another free to play mmo. It is like wow and slightly different.
Same quest line for leveling and once reach max level the grind begins. However as the name suggest rifts open up all over the place. So your walking around questing and notice a rift near you, well don't fret, when you get to it there is an option to join public group so your not alone. Also works with area raid like bosses.
Graphics are pretty good, and if you decide to pay real money for stuff it stays with you period, like mounts, which you buy once and all chars get it.

Mages: which can also have heal spec, melee spec, and standard I'm gonna cast and kill you specs.
Priest: they wear chain and can even tank real well, and they also heal.
Warriors: what do I need to say..they are warriors.
Rogues: they are sneaky and also shoot bows real well if you choose that spec.

Now on specs. there is like WoW 3 trees in any spec. It depends on what type you are for various tree's. Now under tree's is roots. As you level and spend points in tree, you also unlock addition abilities in the root of that tree.

So if you like the idea of WoW but have grown tired of knowing what to do, where to go, and who to kill then this is a change of pace. It has "instances" and really great as if 1 of your group enters, and your half way across the map, you can join and be teleported there. not sure if WoW does that..yet.

I play for a while get bored and jump back when the urge hits me, since free its no problem to stop for a while.

If You have a specific question, as there really is a whole lot about the game. Let me know, and I will do my best to answer in detail.
MiScHi3f

Re: Rift

Post by MiScHi3f »

Awesome game. I got burnt on the grind though. Very good concepts in the game and the dungeons were pretty cool.