CS:Go

FPS Games (Battle Field 3. Call of Duty, Counter Strike, Quake 3, etc)
if the point of the game is to shoot something / someone it goes here.
Prometheus

CS:Go

Post by Prometheus »

Ok, so I've started playing this again, thanks to the hounding of people, and finally got ranked back up so I could play comp with you guys.... and no-one has been on.
Acid

Re: CS:Go

Post by Acid »

Everyone has to go around spiting out babies no more time for fun and games...
[WLG]Trenton**

Post by [WLG]Trenton** »

not quite sure i would attribute it to just that acid, while that may be a portion of the reasons, i would say its more
detailed then that...

Generally speaking as everyone has there own reasons,
I would say its

1.Life
2.Family
3.Work
this is by no means an order of which is first, only a list of the reason why people stop playing or have to put on hold there "fun and games"

sad to say this, but most of you guys are getting to the age where Family (or having a Family) becomes a big priority, and with that Gaming/lans and all things related, will take a back burner... or be taken off the stove all together...

TL:DR?
there is more to the reason, then just having a child...
Tachaeon

Post by Tachaeon »

I took Brian's post as joke cause piso and pepe just had kids and I'm pregnant with my 4th child so there is no time for me to play an fps that has been going down hill for more than 15 years.
MiScHi3f

Post by MiScHi3f »

We had lots of people playing last night bro .... Where were you? =) Just kidding. Most of this week I spent working late or hanging with Pepe and his new born kid, Jonathan.
piso_mojado

Post by piso_mojado »

I haven't been able to play anything for a few weeks now... (see Acid's comment)

who knows when we will get in the swing of this, but I will be back
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

Hey this was supposed to be a jokingly made comment from me. I said in the beginning that "If I start playing this again, you guys better not switch to another game again."

I know life takes us all away from gaming now-a-days... we aren't as young as we all were back in the day. When we had all the time in the world to game.
So Doug, please don't take this as anything more than me just being my normal, sarcastically joking self about starting a game as you guys find a newer one.

But I did rank up to Master G1!!! Heeeeyyy! LMAO
piso_mojado

Post by piso_mojado »

I will be back to CSGO.... but when looking for a new game, I am always down for Depth :)

dun DUN... dun DUN... dun DUN dun DUN dun DUN dun DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

Ok, so I've been back at this for a little bit now and have come to the conclusion that I really suck lol.

Ok, not really that bad, but I am definitely not up to the same level that I was years ago. So I decided to search some videos with tips and such to maybe help out my game a little bit. I went to yout ube and found the HLTV channel and searched for the "Protips" videos. After watching a few, I realized that those videos don't explain a god damn thing. And what's worse is that, with so many of the Pro's being from other countries... I couldn't understand a damn thing they were saying. It was horrible.
Then I came across a video by some dude name "aDren". And his video was pretty damn good and explained exactly in detail what the video was about and also gave variations to what he and his team did. As well as what other teams do with it...(variations, etc.) Most videos included 2-3 clips from matches where they and other teams used the strat or whatever he was explaining. So, I went to his YT channel and found a ton of videos with a lot of information.

I found that some of the things that I do, are ok... but there were better ways to do them. Like nades, smokes, and FB's. Placements, how to throw them, where to throw from, and where they land.

Well, I've been noticing that when we play MMing in CS:GO lately, that we tend to get worked quite a bit when we should have won the round. When we are on... we are on and can overcome things, but when we start getting worked, we kinda lose it and ultimately the match.
Since most of us have played together in this game for 10+ yrs... I figured that this information would be quite beneficial to everyone. Even though we don't do any real competitive things anymore, it can still help us out in our normal "casual competitive" nights when we get together and play some MMing.

So here is the link to his channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/CurseCS

I'm sure there are a lot more guys that have channels that do this type of things, but this I think is atleast a start.
MiScHi3f

Post by MiScHi3f »

Thanks Pro. Watched 3 videos so far, most of the stuff already knew. But I did particularly like the team based timing strats. If we could get those down, that would be pretty sweet.