Fallout 4

Played a new game? want us to know about it? have it at our next lan?
or was it a waste of drive space? Let us know here.
[WLG]Trenton**

Fallout 4

Post by [WLG]Trenton** »

Steam Recorded playtime: 108 hrs
Current Level 22
Still Playing it.

So im going to be as subjective as i can here, i absolutly enjoy the Fallout games. and fallout 4 is no different.
there are alot of good things to talk about in fallout 4, and some not so good ones.

so we will start with the Eh moments if you will.
Graphics, as you will see in the numbers, the graphics are ok, not good or great, just ok, now this is more so dealing with the Wax model look of all the characters. (while the mobs, look decent, the humans look like they bathed in 100 gallons of baby oil) on top of this, the voice to lip sync is awful (ive seen better lip syncing in a B rated Martial arts movie.

The world Textures are Fairly Decent, though i feel they could be better, though even with this set back, it is still capable of delivering some good Images and screen shots.

heres an example of the wax people.

and here is an example of it looking good.

Game Play, I always feel is objective, and depends on the person playing.
the crafting system is exstisive, yet still feels a little limiting, (especially dealing with armor)
or with your power armor...

overall the game is an FPS with a lot of RPG elements, (Lock picking, Stealing, Stealth, Hacking, Levels... ETC)
New to the series is the settlement building, this can be cool for those that like the sandbox games, though managing your settlement can be a little tedeious at times. and for note, this is not a true sandbox game in that you cant level the world, you can only work in the confines of a set space, and can only remove certain items (scrap them)...

All in all i would say the game play is enjoyable, as you do not have to build the settlements, or really progress the story line until you want to.

Sound/Music, does it sound close enough to a gun when click the button? yes... does the Dogs in the game sound like Dogs? yes (enough so my Real Dog barks at my computer)

I generally do not listen to the in game music, but the Fallout Games have always had cool in game Radio stations, and normally they are the reminiscent of true Oldies, which is cool in its own way.

Entertainment Value: the game is entertaining, Violent, and vulgar.. everything we want in a game...
the Dialog of the raiders is comical at times, as is some of the more brutal ways you can maim and kill people...
the Perks system is robust enough that you can play the game multiple different times, and build your character out completely differently each time...
while the main story is linear, there are countless side missions, and multiple ways to get to those linear points... (for instance with out spoilers, you may have to find something, or kill someone, both of these seem pretty straight forward... but instead of killing the person, you persuade him to give you the information, or item... )
any who on to my numbers for the game.

Game Play: 8
Graphics: 7
Sound/Music: 7
Entertainment Value: 9

A very Respectable 31 of 40 in my book.

In Closing.
if you read the internet trolls, the Graphics are crap, the game is buggy and unplayable.
the story and conversation is to canned and linear. blah blah blah
this game is not for everyone, there are some who will enjoy it, some who will hate it...
so is it worth the 59.99? I cant say yes or no... (i bought it so i guess i think it is)

is it buggy? eh, most of the issues i have seen are in AI pathing... so i can ignore those...
the rest is Trolls looking to bitch about something, and not taking the time to enjoy the little things... like the working holodeck games inside fallout, like Pipfall or atomic command, and a few others. (Pitfall, Missile command) or the fact that your smart phone can link to the game and act as your pipboy..

anyway i spent enough time typing this up...
-Trenton.