Wow

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/?-
[WLG]Trenton**

Wow

Post by [WLG]Trenton** »

So im considering reactivating my account, i have played alot of the MMO's out there and all of them seem to be lacking something... (polish maybe, fun factor, I dont know really)

anyone else considering this? or am i crazy?
MiScHi3f

Re: Wow

Post by MiScHi3f »

I guy I play Arma 3 with, rather I should say "Played" because he is on this game now, swears by ArchAge. It just got out of Beta and he swears that it is just like Vanilla Wow in difficulty. He did say he recommends the subscription version though. He said its like a mix of Minecraft and Wow ... but more like Wow.
Krysis

Post by Krysis »

I've already reactivated my account and am playing it. It is extremely dumbed down, quests very streamlined for leveling, and classes simplified for builds. It can still be fun with people, and the revamp after Cataclysm is fantastic, but it is still the same grind to level. The raiding/5 man dungeons are easier to get into with the LFR/LFG tool. Its great as you no longer need to create your own party and you you can queue for it no matter where you are and don;t need to travel to the dungeon entrance.

I'm happy with the game, so I say do it. However, if you go into with the mindset that you're gonna be bored with it, you'll get that way fast.
[WLG]Trenton**

Post by [WLG]Trenton** »

so tried Archage last night, have to say, didn't like it. played about 2 hours, and while the initial concept, and descriptions look interesting, something about the graphics, interface, and lack of polish...

and maybe im being over critical of it...
[WLG]Trenton**

Post by [WLG]Trenton** »

reactivated my account. ill look at it for the next little bit and see if i want to continue playing it...
for those interested... im still on Eitrigg, and will most likely stay there for the time being...
[WLG]Trenton**

Post by [WLG]Trenton** »

So time for some Sacrilegious Discussions: World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Play Time last night = 4hrs
Gained 1 level (90-91)

For those that left before MOP (aptly named i guess) mists of pandaria, alot has changed
Monks and Pandas roam the world... and you can battle your collectable pets and capture new ones. (meh, glorified Pokemon)

enough about that.

So recently Blizzard did what they are lovingly calling the stat squish basicly, the numbers are back down to Pre Wrath levels (HP/MP/DMG/etc) and your stats are smaller as well... though really it has no bearing on game play...

and doesnt warrent a long talk ...

So the reason you are reading this? (WOD)

Like i said i played for about 4 hours... and it was a blast... (minus the server crashes and queues ill explain that another time)

it still has the typical replace an blue/epic with a green issue. but a couple of new things are random upgraded items... you pick up a green, system rolls the item and there is a chance for it to be upgraded to a blue quality... (not sure if this is the same for epics yet)

Garrisons:
Holy shit!, this is by far one of the best features they have put into this game...
while they garrison is limited on what you can build in it, (number of small/medium/large plots) you have 4-6 options for those sizes... so each garrison will be a little different.

Followers:
Again Coolness... we have been doing the realms bidding for 10yrs, now we can assign followers to do quests and they will bring you the goodies back...

Quests:
Some are the same old same old, go here kill x of these, or go get x of these and come back.
some are intresting on the mechanics on how they work... Go here and use these mushrooms, then while under the effect of those mushrooms collect these spores off these highly explosive mobs... (15-20k dmg per pop if they pop and im a tank)

the starting quests are great, they remind me of the initial quests for warcraft 3 (you get a single group of heroes and have to fight through an area, this continues, getting a little tougher, then you find an area to establish a base.. and poof you have your garrison...

I will add to this later on once i have played with some of the other features... but so far i have to say im impressed with it so far....

for those thinking about it, hit me up, ill tell you how something is, or isnt.. and my opinion of it...
MiScHi3f

Post by MiScHi3f »

Have they brought skill requirement back at all?
[WLG]Trenton**

Post by [WLG]Trenton** »

that depends on what you mean by skill requirements...

haveing played during beta, and in vanilla wow, this feels as closer to vanilla / BC then any other patch..

as there is a need to know how to play your class currently (not maxed level have not raided yet)

the quests are hit and miss, some are a blast... some well, go here fetch this...
i can honestly say in the interactions with npcs, you are treated as a hero now, vs a nobody...

when i have some time ill post a more detailed review...

the one thing i can say, i have had more fun playing this the last 3days then i did the entire time i did playing BC or Cata... (i enjoyed Wraith alot)
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

I've been playing for awhile again and can say it is fun, but without the commaraderie of you guys playing it does get boring.

WoD is in my opinion, fun to play. from the garrisons to the LFR, they have made the game better than it was prior to Mop... which sucked ass btw.
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

Legion is due to come out after the beginning of the year. Was wondering who may be giving it a try?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/legion/#home

In case anyone wants to take a look at what is planned